Choosing a therapist from so many options can feel a little overwhelming at times. To help you in that process I offer an initial 20-minute phone or telehealth session to introduce myself to you. It is also a time for us to briefly explore your needs and answer any questions to help us decide if we are a good match, before committing to therapy together.
Rates as of May 26, 2020:
Individual Sessions: $125 per 50 minutes
Longer sessions are available. All rates are listed on the Fee Schedule, on the Forms page.
I do offer a few reduced fee spots. Please inquire for availability and rate (determined by income and family size).
I am considered an out-of-network provider for insurance plans that provide out-of-network coverage. This means that your insurance coverage may reimburse you for some or all of the costs related to therapy. You will need to contact your insurance company to determine your benefits prior to starting therapy.
Benefits of working with an out-of-network provider include:
- Increased privacy and confidentiality, as I am not required to share your personal information with the insurance companies.
- Freedom from the limitations on the number of sessions and treatment options dictated by insurance coverage.
- Because you are working directly and privately with me, we can decide together on the methods we will use and the length of time we will work together, rather than having these decisions made by a third party.
To determine if you will be reimbursed for my services by your insurance, the first thing you should do is call them. Check your coverage carefully and make sure you understand their answers. Determining if you will be reimbursed is your responsibility, prior to beginning treatment.
Here are some questions to ask your insurance company:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- How much does my plan reimburse for an out-of-network provider? (What percentage of the fee will I be reimbursed?)
- Is approval required from my primary care physician? Is pre-authorization required?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session? Is there a limit to the amount of time allowed per session?
- Are there any restrictions regarding the type of therapy or the practitioner's credentials?
- Are there any other restrictions I should know about, or any other questions I should be asking?
Upon request, I will provide a receipt for you to easily submit to your insurance company. Payment Cash, check, debit and all major credit cards accepted for payment in my office, via Stripe in the Simple Practice Client Portal. Rates listed on this page and on the Fee Schedule are for cash/check payments. Payment via credit or debit card requires the addition of a small handling fee onto your session total.
***Notice 5/56/2020 – due to providing only Telehealth sessions due to Covid 19, the handling fee for credit or debit cards is being temporarily waived***
Cancellation Policy: If you do not attend your scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not notified me at least 24 hours in advance, you will be required to pay the full cost of the session.